Edublog assignment #3

screenshot-2016-11-03-at-9-03-40-am

I live on Thompson St Oakland California.I grew up in a happy neighborhood and around quiet and cheerful neighbors. I describe Myself as a loving guy and talented by the way my family and my neighbors motivate me.I will describe myself as a good son and a good brother to my siblings and a good friend to my neighbors and my school friend.I am tall,skinny,raiders fan , football player,talented.

First of all the first Dominant Picture that stands out to me is that people say tongans eat a lot and they are fat.The reason I pick this is that I am skinny and I do love to eat, many people is not fat that is why they think we are the reason why they pick on us.When I chose this picture I always think about the things somebody will say to me or say do you want the rest of your food.The image affected me because all the picture that I have in my shadow box shows who I am and where I am from.

Another narrative is a Counter Narrative and this means to be marginalized and to prove why.One of the Counter Narrative is to not sugercoat because you will eat that too.The food that Tongan people is anything and we love to eat.This image affected me because I love to eat and I hate people looking at the way I eat.

Also my Identity images is that I put a picture of the place that my parent came from.One picture that I have in here is a picture of my churh and I am Mormon many people thinks that I am stupid or looks at me and thinks I am that man that will have no life.The reason I picked this picture Is because I was mormon my whole life.This image shows a lot of me and the way I act.

Finally people see me as I am a poor and not really popular.I am not that person that thinks they are popular and tease people that do not have something you have.